Thursday, September 3, 2009

Busy days

Since dad's heart attack the days have been busy! Today, I took mom for a doctor's appt. in Siren. I was disappointed because he really didn't evaluate her, but they did get a urine sample so at least I will know if she has an infection. She also got a shot of cortisone in her hip. It has been bothering her and was very sensitive to the touch. Hopefully, that will help with the pain. She has really been confused lately. She has asked me, "How did I get here?" Referring to the house she has lived in for 40 plus years. Today on the way home she couldn't remember where we had been or how the day started out. School started this week and I am sad not to be in the classroom but also very relieved to have time to help my parents. We now have help for them most days of the week. I don't know how long the situation will last...it is an overwhelming situation that you just have to take a day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment