Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Changes

Life has definitely changed. After planning for a couple weeks that Ken and I would go see his family for a couple days it looks like our plans have changed. Today we took dad to the doctor because they found a nodule in his lungs. It is the about the size of a grape and they are afraid it could be cancer. He is scheduled for a biopsy next week. He had a good day, but when we got home he felt shaky and cold. Very unusual for him...he went to bed at 4pm and after checking on him a couple times Ken brought up the heating pad. Dad finally fell asleep. He had said his feet were cold and I think the heating pad helped. We will check on him in the morning. While dad rested mom and I were together watching the birds. She said, Where's that guy that was in that chair?! This was the first time she seemed confused about dad...She asked if I had any sisters and was shocked when I said Ceil and Bonnie. She seemed to remember Ceil was her daughter. She made a couple confusing statements about who dad was and asked if my husband was my dad. What an awful disease...God grant us strength, patience, love and guidance through this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment